Proficient Protection Agency is actively seeking applications for security officers that are willing to make a professional difference in our community. PPA is looking for people with integrity, who take their position in the field of security and law enforcement with pride. There is definite room for advancement within, such as promotional and salary advancement, additional training and experience. Work for someone who is serious about the Security and Public Safety standards within the community we serve and protect.
We currently have job openings in the following positions;
- Unarmed Officer - On call part time positions available
- Armed Officer - On call part time positions available
Please forward letters of introduction & resumes detailing previous experience, qualifications and references to:
Proficient Protection Agency
PO Box 1281
Alameda, CA 94501
You may send your resume via fax with cover letter to: 510.769.8670
Or send an email with your attached resume to: employment@PPAsecurity.com
- No felony criminal background
- Minimum age requirement – 18 years of age
- Education - A high school diploma, GED or High School Equivalency or College Degree
- A valid point of contact phone number and stable residence
- Must have means of reliable personal transportation
- Applicant must possess their own duty gear equipment
- Must possess a US Citizenship or valid work permit for employment in the State of California
- Must possess a current Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Guard Registration in the State of California. If not, must be bondable and capable of being licensed as a Security Officer in the State of California.
- Posess a minimum of 1 year current commercial security and/or peace officer and/or armed forces experience. May posess enrollment in and/or completion of formal or alternative Law and Security training and/or related law enforcement training.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends & holidays
- Posess a valid California drivers license and personal vehicle
- 832 POST Certification(Peace Officer Standards and Training)
- Additional BSIS permits: Firearm, baton and mace
- Valid First Aid and/or CPR training and certification
Application and Hiring Process
Applicant will submit their application to Proficient Protection Agency and schedule an initial interview with a representative.
Applicant will have an initial interview with a Proficient Protection Agency representative to review the Application Packet in applicant’s presence, making the necessary corrections if needed. Any deliberate omissions of information will be cause for rejection of the application. Applicant will schedule a premlinary electronic fingerprinting / local criminal records check with a law enforcement agency. Thereafter, an oral board interview will be scheduled for the applicant.
Applicant results of a local criminal records check are to be delivered, in person, to Proficient Protection Agency upon arrival to the Oral Board Interview. A oral board interview will be conducted with a Proficient Protection Agency representative and a secondary civilian person not affiliated with PPA. The oral board will consist of several “scenario type” questions designed to test the applicant’s ability to make quick, proper judgement in high stress situations. This interview will also test the applicant’s knowledge of the security field and probable cause aspects. Upon successfully passing this interview, the applicant will move to the next step of the hiring process.
- Step 4: Physical Test, Background Investigation and Final Interview:
A physical agility test may be administered by a Proficient Protection Agency representative. This test will determine your physical ability to perform certain tasks as it pertains to the job. After this, your background investigation(Municipal, Superior and Federal) will be resumed and completed. Once you have been cleared on your background process, you will be scheduled to meet for a final interview prior to completing the hiring process.
email@example.com -Copyright 2003 Proficient Protection Agency- All Rights Reserved